Craftsmanship – ‘the quality of design and work shown in something made by hand; artistry.’ At William Austin Upholstery every piece of our upholstery is either lovingly rebuilt or made from new by our skilled craftsman.
We pride ourselves on the quality and artistry we offer in our products and service. It takes many years to become fully trained in the craft of upholstery and each one of our upholsterers have over 7 years experience with over 80 years combined experience. As well as the assurance of experienced craftsman we also have a thorough and stringent process for all our upholstery.
- With all our bespoke, handmade upholstery, our frames are made from carefully selected beech wood with joints glued, screwed and dowelled for maximum strength. If your furniture is being reupholstered then once we have stripped back the furniture to it’s frame we will assess for any weaknesses and make repairs and strengthen.
- All frames are then lined with webbing and hessian to give additional protection to your carefully chosen fabric.
- Arms and backs are contoured from layers of upholstery materials to give a smooth long-lasting finish.
- Serpentine springs are used to give our seats the optimum support and comfort.
- Having the right cushion interiors to suit you is very important in the process. We offer a choice of duck feather, duck feather and down, foam core feather wrap and foams etc., to help you achieve the look and comfort level that is right for you.
- Cushions are zipped, overlocked and pattern matched for ease of cleaning and maximum wear.
- All fabrics are pattern matched and hand cut for that immaculate tailored look.
- To ensure that your upholstery arrives in perfect condition, it is wrapped in a plastic cover and delivered by our own transport and drivers.